Anyone who knows me knows I hold a special place in my heart for animals. Any and all kinds of animals. To me they aren’t dumb creatures placed on this Earth to be made into food or be hung on our walls as a ‘trophy’. In fact, a lot of these beautiful animals are a hell of a lot smarter than humans. FACT. Elephants being one of those amazing, majestic and beautiful creatures that are incredibly smart. I assume everyone watches Ellen because why wouldn’t you? If you haven’t seen her campaign she’s started #BeKindToElephants to help President Trump see that what he is trying to reverse will have a huge impact on a lot of people and will upset everyone with a heart. Click here to see the clip on Ellen.
I won’t preach my politics on anyone nor do I want your politics preached on me. We all have different opinions which is fine. In fact it’s good. We’re all people and who you choose to support is none of my business. With that being said, I really have no issues with President Trump. Do I think it’s necessary for the President of the United States to send out tweets like a 16 year old girl? No I do not. Do I get entertainment and a good chuckle when I’m bored reading it at night? Why yes, yes I do. I honestly believe he does some of the things he does to get a rise out of people. The “snow-flakes” (not my words people) will throw a fit no matter what he does. He could make world peace happen and they will find a way to turn it into a negative. By now we should just accept the fact that he’s the President and maybe show a little respect like our Mamma’s taught us.
With all that being said, I DO NOT agree with him on what he is trying to do with the reversal of banning elephant trophies to be imported in the United States. At this point I feel like he’s just trying to reverse anything Obama does because of how much he hates him. I’m extremely happy he is taking time to reconsider this and listen to everyone’s thoughts on the matter. A huge shout out to Ellen DeGeneres who had a big role in the matter. Let’s all pray that President Trump rethinks this and does the right thing.
In the meantime, here are some fun facts about Elephants. Who doesn’t love these beautiful creatures??
– The average weight for an Elephant heart is 27 to 46 pounds!! (So much love inside that)
– Elephants have a highly developed brain and the largest of all land mammals. The brain is 3 to 4 times larger than a human brain. (Again, smarter than most humans 😉 )
– Elephants purr like cats do as a means of communication. (That’s probably why I love Elephants so much!!)
– Tusks are an Elephants incisor teeth. They are used for defense, digging for water & lifting things.
– Elephants cry, play, have incredible memories & laugh. (Seriously, how amazing is that?)
– Elephants can swim. They use their trunk to breathe like a snorkel in deep water.
– Elephants are highly sensitive and caring animals.
– Elephants have greeting ceremonies when a friend that has been away for some time returns to the group.
– Elephants are social creatures. They sometimes “hug” by wrapping their trunks together in displays of greeting and affection.
– Elephants pay homage to the bones of their dead, gently touching the skulls and tusks with their trunks and feet. When an Elephant walks past a place that their loved one has died, he/she will stop dead still; a silent and empty pause that can last several minutes.
For more fun facts visit Happy Elephant.
You can also help support Elephants by shopping for some cute clothing at an online clothing store called Ivory Ella. I will be purchasing stuff from here myself and I can’t wait!
Leave me comments on your thoughts and let me know what you think. I’m always interested in hearing both sides of a situation and learning more!